Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

I just want to wish everyone a happy new year! I rang in the new year one hour later than normal, being here in Mountain Time (it is still taking me a while to get used to). Anyway I spent the evening hanging out at one of my cooperating teacher's house. It was a lot of fun because I got to meet some other teachers at AHS and hang out in a new setting.

Since then I spent the day yesterday navigating around the city of Denver on city buses. We had a scavenger hunt to complete that brought us to all corners of the city. It was a lot of fun, but it really made us look like tourists. Let's just say that we were wearing clothes that most people riding city buses would not be wearing - that and we looked completely out of place. The city of Denver is a pretty cool place and each neighborhood seems to have its own feel or vibe, which is really nice. Probably the most interesting thing about yesterday was getting up early and going running in Washington Park. It reminded me a lot of Central Park in NYC because of its large, wide open space, water, and lots of people running with their dogs or pushing their children. The place was packed on a Friday morning, kind of crazy if you ask me, but then again Colorado is one of the healthiest and most in shape places in the nation. At the end too I started to feel it, let's just say it's a little higher up here than at home.

I have spent most of the day today preparing for class on Monday. It should be a really good time. I am nervous, but at the same time excited. 1:21 pm my time, and 2:21 pm Central Time I will be in front of 9th graders hopefully making a good impression. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. That's all for now! Now that the first day is planned I need to start working on days two and three. Have an awesome weekend.